WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
Swifton CFOs provides emerging businesses with cost-effective outsourced (part-time) financial leadership and support to clients with the goal of handling all accounting financial and administrative matters so entrepreneurs can focus on driving the business.
We will advise as the part-time CFO, operate as the outsourced Controller, or provide any level of accounting help required for a growing company. Our strength is in working with entrepreneurs to create integrated financial models that make sense to founders, investors and boards. We work with the Accounting Managers and Controllers, mentoring them, so they develop into strong contributors for the enterprise.
Swifton CFOs develops the financial framework for a scalable business. We have discovered in working with emerging companies that it makes sense to have some limited involvement early to insure that they are setup the right way in accounting (to some degree bookkeeping), in projecting out costs and cash flow—determine cost of additional resources, and in having someone, even on an ad hoc basis, that can assess pricing and margins as well as question the revenue model.
FINANCIAL CONSULTING AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES*
- Strategic consultation to management
- Annual budget process
- Equity/debt fundraising
- Short and long-range finance department goal and objective setting
- Financial forecasts for resource and cash requirements
- Business planning
- Consultation of and assistance with designing ownership changes
- Board presentations and packages
- Merger and acquisition support
- Financial analysis to guide planning and decision making
- Investor presentations
- Tax planning and reduction support
- Development of capitalization tables and stock option plans
- Equity and debt fundraising
- Pricing models
WHERE CAN WE HELP?
- Develop a plan and implement a Board of Advisors — key industry leaders to add credibility and drive traffic
- Create a revenue model that is sustainable and marketable for investors
- Drive the development of the business plan, especially the financial projections and documentation required
- Formation of agreements/contracts with collaborators and vendors
- Prepare for investment and drive the search for funding sources (private investors or angel groups).
- Driving the development of the business plan, especially the financial projections and documentation required
- Assist with the formation of contracts with collaborators, vendors, and clients/customers
- Setting up accounting tracking and reporting — which includes providing bookkeeping support
- Formalizing your financial record keeping and providing a framework to keep you organized
- Search for funding sources (private investors, angels, and venture capitalists)
WHAT SIZE COMPANIES WILL WE SUPPORT?
Our clients range from pre-revenue startups to later stage privately held companies.
WHY A PART-TIME CFO?
A full-time CFO cost approaches $260,000 because the base salary is not the only cost. Average base salaries for CFO's of private companies are $180,000 plus bonuses of 20% ($36,000), payroll taxes ($15,400), benefits ($24,000), other expenses (seminars, etc.) ($2,000), and these costs do not include time missed for vacations taken, holidays, and sick time. We have also not considered that a CFO would expect an equity stake in the business. Two other major costs involved in hiring a CFO are recruiting costs and severance (since, unfortunately, the hire does not always work out).
Compare the high cost of a full-time CFO with a part-time, modular CFO who is there when you need them at a lower cost and it is an easy decision.
* WHY IS THERE AN ASTERISK?
The services that we can provide are not limited to those listed above. Please feel free to ask us.....we can probably show you a happy client where we have exceeded their expectations. Read About Our Financial Consulting Contact David Today